Parent ResourcesPower of Play Blog
Make Memories Over MEA. Come Play!
Minnesota Children’s Museum offers lots of exciting activities to make your MEA weekend extra fun this year.
Explore our 10 memory-making permanent exhibits — such as the four-story climber, laser maze and wacky car wash — and be sure to check out our new special experiences as well.
Curious GeorgeTM: Let’s Get Curious!
Climb into the imaginative world of Curious George and The Man With the Yellow hat in this popular exhibit based on the famous series of children’s books.
Visitors engage in STEM activities modeled after Curious George’s own adventures. Activities include:
- Experimenting with physics and engineering in a round of mini golf
- Using wind power to move whirligigs, windmills, windsocks and wind chimes
- Piloting a space adventure in a rollicking rocket
- And more!
Entrance into this special exhibit is included with the price of museum admission.
The Play of Painting
Visitors to The Studio in the Target Gallery will nurture their artistic spirit while working and playing with paint. In this brand new experience, visitors choose between:
- Acrylics and large easel painting at the walls
- Watercolors on watercolor paper at the tables
- Watercolors spin art on a record player turntable (on certain days only)
Tip: Dress for a mess! Acrylics and watercolors we are using are not washable. Paint shirts will be available.
We’re open every day over MEA weekend:
- Wednesday, Oct. 16: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursdays, Oct. 17: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (an extra hour of play!)
- Friday, Oct. 18: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 19: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 20: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Socks: Required in The Scramble, our four-story climber and giant spiral slide
- Getting Wet: Kids may get wet in Forces at Play and Sprouts (bring an extra set of clothes)
- Personal Items: Lockers are available. Cost: $1 (in quarters).
- Food: We have a café and coffee bar (members save 10 percent) or explore downtown St. Paul restaurants.
Make memories that last a lifetime with a visit to Minnesota Children’s Museum. It’s family fun time plus playful learning all rolled into one. A perfect way to spend MEA – plan your visit today!
St. Paul, MN 55102