Now Featuring: Clay
Tuesdays – Thursdays: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Squish, Sculpt, Roll, Repeat
In this makerspace, visitors play and create with clay by:
- Sculpting and molding clay using rollers, scrapers, stampers and more
- Adding their creation to the collaborative table (prompt example: “Welcome to Mars. Who lives here?”)
- Experimenting with squishy circuits (available on certain days)
Note: We kindly request that clay stays here, so we can recycle it again and again.
Tip: Dress for a mess! Aprons are available and encouraged.
Skills Kids Build
- Confidence → Through use of unfamiliar materials and techniques, and following their inner voice of self expression
- Creative Thinking → Discover new and different possibilities with materials
- Critical Thinking → Be curious, and solve problems through planning and reflection
- Collaboration → Connect with others to expand ideas and discover new perspectives
Fun Fact! Our clay comes from Continental Clay.
How to Support Your Child
- Give your child a chance to tackle challenges
- Resist the urge to show your child how to use tools (if needed, guide without taking over)
- Enjoy the process of making and creating
- Get totally engrossed in your own project, too (but don’t forget to make sure your child is still there!)
Fun Fact! Our clay comes from https://www.continentalclay.com/.
Forces at Play
Super Awesome Adventures
Tip Top Terrace (Seasonal)
The Backyard (Seasonal)
Our exhibits are funded in part with money from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund that was created with the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008.