Winter Break = Family Fun at the Museum
With kids home from school for a week or two, are you looking for things to do? Look no further! A trip to Minnesota Children’s Museum offers something for everyone in your family. Our exhibits are designed to give kids and families a variety of activities and experiences that let kids explore their interests and build skills like confidence, coordination, creativity and critical thinking.
Best of all, a trip to the museum offers a place for families to have loads of fun together and make memories that last a lifetime.
The museum is always changing. There are a new experiences to try. And, there are a few experiences that are in their final weeks. Make sure you check out these hot spots during your visit.
- Games on The Landing. Games have taken over The Landing on the fourth floor – and it’s a huge hit! Giant games, board games, interactive dance games and more. This experience was created in partnership with the Center For Hmong Arts & Talent and is made possible by the generous support of Macy’s. It’s a space for families to have fun together, collaborate and spark children’s learning though play.
- Bigger, Bolder Space Race. Super cool changes have come to the Super Awesome Adventures exhibit! Big, bold, engaging new elements were added to transport visitors to another world. Kids can use carpet skates, push scooters or their own two feet to race through outter space.
- Upcycle/Recycle – This experience in The Studio in the Target Gallery is in its final weeks! For the past few months, visitors have been repurposing materials to create something new. Fabric is the featured materials throughout Winter Break. Then The Studio will change over to a new drawing experience in January.
- Final Days of XOXO: An Exhibit About Love & Forgiveness. If you haven’t been to the XOXO exhibit yet, this is your last chance. This powerful exhibit brings families together to reflect, connect and explore emotions in a positive way. The exhibit is open through Jan. 6, then it will move on to its next location. Big thanks to New Horizon Academy for locally sponsoring this amazing exhibit.
- New Year’s Eve Sparklerama Party. Ring in the New Year with us at our Sparklerama Party on Monday, Dec. 31 from 6 to 9 p.m. This fun-filled night includes live music, art projects, light refreshments and more. Get your tickets today.
Winter Break Hours
We have extended our weekday hours to give families more time to play in the museum over break.
- Monday, Dec. 24: CLOSED
- Tuesday, Dec. 25: CLOSED
- Wednesday, Dec. 26: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 27: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 28: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 29: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 30: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 31: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 1: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 2: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 3: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We wish you a wonderful time together over Winter Break and hope you’ll join us for some family fun!
Sign up for the Power of Play email newsletter for tips, info and inspiration about making play a priority for your family.
10 West Seventh Street
St. Paul, MN 55102