What You’ll Need:
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup liquid dish soap
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- Bowl or container
- Bubble wands. Don’t have these? Make your own. Here are some ideas:
- Small mesh baskets (like those from strawberries)
- Pipe cleaners (twist and shape into wands)
- Cookie cutters
- Paper towel tube
- Cooking spatulas, spoons and other kitchen utensils with slots
- Clean plastic funnel
- Plastic cup (punch a hole in the bottom; dip the large end in the solution)
What You’ll Do:
STEP 1. Mix the water and soap in a bowl or container
STEP 2. Add the corn syrup
STEP 3. Dip the wands in the bubble solution
STEP 4. Blow, wave and make bubbles anyway you’d like
Added Fun! Put a few drops of food coloring in the solution.
Try a Frozen Bubble! Make a bubble and carefully put it on a plate. Put it in the freezer for an hour and viola – a frozen bubble.
Sign up for the Power of Play email newsletter for tips, info and inspiration about making play a priority for your family.
10 West Seventh Street
St. Paul, MN 55102