Make Your Own Projectors & Shadow Show
Here’s What You Need:
- Empty toilet paper rolls
- Clear plastic wrap
- Rubber bands
- Small flashlight or iphone flashlight
Tip: If you don’t have stickers, you can cut out a shape in a small square of cardboard.
Here’s What You Do:
- Place plastic wrap over one end of the toilet paper roll and rubber band in place
- Place a sticker in the middle of the plastic wrap
- Turn off the lights!
- Shine a flashlight at the open end of the roll and point the projector towards a wall or ceiling
- Now, create a shadow show!
Note: If you’re using cardboard with cutout shapes instead of stickers, hold or glue the cardboard to the end of roll. No plastic wrap needed.
Sign up for the Power of Play email newsletter for tips, info and inspiration about making play a priority for your family.
10 West Seventh Street
St. Paul, MN 55102