Drawn to Drawing … and More!
• Features both familiar and surprising tools and materials
• Provides a variety of sensory and visual experiences
• Includes prompts and provocations to spark ideas
This experience is explorative, sparks curiosity and creativity, builds confidence and encourages unconventional approaches to the drawing process.
What You’ll Find In the Gallery
• Retro drawing wall featuring Etch a Sketches, Magna Doodles and Boogie Boards
• Sand sensory table drawing
• Plexiglass windows you can draw on with markers
• Art materials such as graphite pencils, beeswax crayons, water color pencils and more.
Some days, we’ll bring out the Ozobots, which are mini robots that follow a line you have drawn and will follow a color code commands. It’s a great way to merge art and technology. This activity is made possible by the generous support of The Donaldson Foundation.
Other New Experiences
The Studio isn’t the only new experience at the museum. Here are a few other things to look for:
Wild Kratts®: Creature Power®! – this brand new exhibit opens on Saturday, Jan. 19 and will be here through May 19. Visitors will explore animal habitats and the incredible creatures within in them in this adventurous exhibit.
Games on The Landing – The Battle Boats and Connect Four and a Row jumbo games have been put away for now. In it’s place is a giant chess game and a hot lava floor game. New board games are always being rotated in this space as well.
Imaginopolis – Our team is working on a cool new cosmic theme for Imaginopolis. In February, this gallery will be themed around cosmic debris and invite visitors to use their imaginations to create their own stories.
Super Awesome Adventures – If you haven’t seen the new space race area yet, it’s a must! There are new, big, bold features that transport visitors to outer space.
There’s always something new happening or in the works at the museum. Come check out these awesome new experiences!