Who needs a hug? Better question: Who doesn’t?
It’s stressful these days. We get it. There’s a lot of tension out there. Too much “us versus them” everywhere.
That’s why we put together a Season of Love and Kindness at Minnesota Children’s Museum.
From September into the New Year, a visit to the museum will include special exhibits, activities and events designed to celebrate love, empathy, kindness, friendship, respect, gratitude and joy.
There’s no extra charge to participate in these activities. They are included in the price of admission.
Because we need this.
Explore how we learn about love and forgiveness through activities that get us to feel and talk about these emotions.
- Hold hands with someone to illuminate a hidden message about love
- Draw or write down something that makes you sad or mad and then shred it
- Explore facial expressions and build with empathy blocks
Explore Healthy Movements & Mindfulness with Family Yoga
Practice yoga with Sarah Fischer, founder of Lil Breathers Kids Yoga, on the following dates.
- Tuesday Sept. 25, 10 to 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday Oct. 2, 10 to 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday Oct. 9, 10 to 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday Oct. 16, 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Create Love Songs with Beatrix*JAR
Collaborate with electronic music duo, Beatrix*JAR, to explore sound, art, love and connectedness. Check back for the schedule.
Hug the Earth with Upcycle, Recycle
Transform old, worn materials into something new using creative thinking skills in The Studio exhibit. Eco-conscious Teaching Artist Christopher Lutter-Gardella will be here on the following days to enhance this experience.
- Wednesday, Sept. 26, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 2, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 7, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 9, 3 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 12, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 9, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 11, 3 to 7 p.m.
Beyond the Museum
Play Kindness Bingo
Compete in a friendly game of Kindness Bingo with your family. Players complete an act of kindness to mark a square.
Serve Others as a Family
Spread kindness by volunteering. Doing Good Together offers listings of family-friendly volunteer opportunities along with tools and resources to help families raise kind, compassionate children.
Celebrate Kindness with a Trip to the Theater
Enjoy a toe-tapping performance of Last Stop on Market Street, a musical production that celebrates community, friendship and kindness.
Now playing at Children’s Theatre Company until Oct. 21.