Now Featuring: The Play of Painting
Tuesdays – Thursdays: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
What Kids Do
Visitors will play with paint. They’ll choose between:
- Acrylics and large easel painting at the walls
- Watercolors on watercolor paper at the tables
- Watercolors spin art on a record player turn table (on certain days only)
Tip: Dress for a mess! Acrylics and watercolors we are using are not washable. Paint shirts will be available.
Skills Kids Build
- Creative Thinking → Making and tinkering; exploring whatever is on their mind
- Confidence → Using real tools and materials (“I can do it!”) and tackling challenges
- Critical Thinking → Asking questions and being experimental
- Self-Control → Focusing, paying attention and setting their own goals – and sticking to them
How to Support Your Child
- Give your child a chance to tackle challenges
- Resist the urge to show your child how to use tools (if needed, guide without taking over)
- Enjoy the process of making and creating
- Get totally engrossed in your own project, too (but don’t forget to make sure your child is still there!)
Forces at Play
Super Awesome Adventures
Tip Top Terrace (Seasonal)
The Backyard (Seasonal)
Our exhibits are funded in part with money from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund that was created with the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008.