Now Featuring: Fabric
Tuesdays – Thursdays: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Upcycle: Reinvent & Repurpose
Visitors use their imaginations to transform deconstructed scraps of clothing and fabric into something new.
- What can you turn that pocket into?
- What can you do with strips of fabric?
- Cut that zipper out and what can it become?
Note: There will be scissors and sharp needles in The Studio for this experience. Hot glue guns are available upon request of a supervising adult.
Skills Kids Build
- Confidence → Through use of unfamiliar materials and techniques, and following their inner voice of self expression
- Creative Thinking → Discover new and different possibilities with materials
- Critical Thinking → Be curious, and solve problems through planning and reflection
- Collaboration → Connect with others to expand ideas and discover new perspectives
How to Support Your Child
- Give your child a chance to tackle challenges
- Resist the urge to show your child how to use tools (if needed, guide without taking over)
- Enjoy the process of making and creating
- Get totally engrossed in your own project, too (but don’t forget to make sure your child is still there!)
Forces at Play
Super Awesome Adventures
Tip Top Terrace (Seasonal)
The Backyard (Seasonal)
Our exhibits are funded in part with money from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund that was created with the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008.