What Kids Do
- Pop, weave, climb up two different four-story towers
- Whirl and whoosh down a spiral slide (don’t worry the floor is a giant, safe landing mat)
- Test their courage on a netted catwalk high above
Fun Fact! The giant slide was made in Germany. It was shipped in sections and installed from the top down.
Know Before You Go
- No shoes allowed, but socks are required – it’s a safety thing!
- Best for ages 5 and up (but you be the judge of your child’s capabilities)
- Have younger kids? There’s a tot-sized adventure under the nearby staircase
Skills Kids Build
- Coordination → Grasping, pulling, holding, reaching and climbing
- Confidence → Taking responsible risks and reaching goals (building grit through bumps and bruises/climbing to new heights)
- Self-Control → Choosing their path and picking their route to whatever height they want
How to Support Your Child
- Cheer on a child’s bold attempts
- Embrace repetition (hearing “Again! Again!” is a good thing)
- Notice them building confidence and taking on new challenges
- Give it a try yourself — you’re showing a playful mindset (plus, it’s a great workout!)
Forces at Play
Super Awesome Adventures
Tip Top Terrace (Seasonal)
The Backyard (Seasonal)
Our exhibits are funded in part with money from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund that was created with the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008.