Step into the role of illustrator, storyteller and inventor!
Celebrate Pulitzer Prize winning humorist and inventor Rube Goldberg™ in this hands-on exhibit. Visitors activate crazy chain reaction contraptions inspired by original Rube Goldberg illustrations and gain insight into the creative processes behind the inventor’s imaginative machines.
- Open: Saturday, May 25 — Sunday, Sept. 8
- Cost: Included with museum admission
- Fun Fact: This is the exhibit’s first time in Minnesota!
What You’ll Do
- Move balls and ramps to trigger chain reaction machines
- Pull ropes to start a series of musical chain reactions
- Step into one of Rube’s iconic wearables for a one-of-a-kind photo opp
- Create a hilarious cartoon
- And much more!
What You’ll Learn
Experiences in this exhibit are not only fun, they also empower visitors to:
- Gain insight into the legacy of Rube Goldberg
- Discover and reimagine engineering principles
- Explore 21st century STEAM concepts
- Build skills like cooperation, perseverance and patience
- Find the fun and value in failing
- Members-Only Sneak Peek: Friday, May 24, from 6 to 8 p.m. The museum will be open during this time, but only members will get a sneak peek of the new exhibit. FREE for members. No advance tickets required.
- Opening Day: Saturday, May 25 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Members-Only Event: Sunday, June 2, from 5 to 8 p.m. Members enjoy exclusive access to the entire museum, including Rube Goldberg™: The Hilarious World of Innovation! Free for members, but space is limited. Make your reservation today.
“You have to have courage to be a creator.”
— Rube Goldberg
Rube Goldberg™: The World of Hilarious Invention! Exhibit was created by the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh in partnership with the Heirs of Rube Goldberg.