What Kids Do
- Use pipes, tubes and air blowers to launch ping pong balls
- Aim balls at a basketball hoop, toilet seat, construction cones and more
- Scrub a car using brushes, tools, soap and water
- Explore interactive art installations like the water graffiti wall
- Bubbles – enough said!
Fun Fact! The wacky car wash is made from the parts of 14 different vehicles
Skills Kids Build
- Creative Thinking → Experimenting, analyzing and interpreting what happened
- Self-Control → Changing and adapting to this high-paced exhibit
- Creative Thinking → Using their imaginations to explore common materials in uncommon ways
- Coordination → Scrubbing, launching and cranking (building large and small motor skills)
How to Support Your Child
- Give your child the chance to figure things out on their own — that’s how they learn!
- If they need a hand, guide without taking over
- Ask open-ended questions, such as “What are you trying to do?” and “What have you tried so far?”
- Tell them (and yourself), it’s OK to get wet!
Forces at Play
Super Awesome Adventures
Tip Top Terrace (Seasonal)
The Backyard (Seasonal)
Our exhibits are funded in part with money from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund that was created with the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008.