Make Time for Storytime
Since schools have been closed, many libraries, streaming services, authors and even celebrities have been offering virtual storytimes via their websites and social media channels. Here are some of our favorites.
- Saint Paul Public Library is hosting daily storytimes on Facebook Live at 10:30 a.m. during the week.
- Washington County Library is sharing recorded storytimes, Facebook Live events, and other great early learning resources every weekday at 10:30 a.m. on their Facebook page.
- Follow Wild Rumpus Books on Instagram and Facebook for live story times, animal updates and recommendations from their staff.
- Search the hashtags #OperationStoryTime and #SaveWithStories on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to find various authors and celebrities doing readings.
- Oliver Jeffers, artist and author of The Day the Crayons Quit, is reading his books on Instagram Live every day at 2 p.m. Then, he’s posting them to his website, so you can access past readings.
- Author Mac Barnett, author of Billy Twitters and His Blue Whale Problem, is reading a different book every day at 2 p.m. via Instagram Live.
- Storyline Online features a library of free videos of celebrities reading children’s stories.
- Audible launched Audible Stories, a new service providing free audiobooks for kids and teens while schools are close.
- Josh Gad – the voice of Olaf in the Frozen movies – is reading books aloud every night on Twitter and Instagram Live.
St. Paul, MN 55102