Helping Parents Help Kids Get the Most out of Play
First the good news: When kids play, they grow and learn. Their brains develop. They figure out how to solve problems. They flex their creativity. They learn to speak, listen and understand. All of this happens naturally and automatically. That’s the power of play.
Now the even better news: You can make your child’s playtime even more powerful. It’s not hard. Your words and action will help your child reap the benefits of play — and set them up for a lifetime of happiness, health and success.
We’ve launched a new section of our website to help parents and other caregivers enhance children’s play. We hope you find the information useful and inspirational. We want to help bring a #ParentingWin or two into your day… every day!
Here’s what you’ll find in our Resources for Parents section:
- Simple ways to raise happier, healthier kids
- Fun videos to illustrate each tip
- When kids lead the way, they develop creativity, critical thinking, confidence and other lifelong skills
- News and information about the benefits of play
- Articles and studies that detail the power of play
Sign up for the Power of Play email newsletter for tips, info and inspiration about making play a priority for your family.
10 West Seventh Street
St. Paul, MN 55102