- $300plus tax for up to 15 guests
- Everyone in the room is counted (kids under 1 are free).
- $8.95 for each additional guest.
- $100 non-refundable deposit due at time of booking, remaining balance due on day of party.
- Full-day admission for all guests
- Personalized cake
- Tableware and table decorations
- Exclusive t-shirt for birthday child
- Free coat and gift storage
- 1.5 hours in shared party space
- Downloadable party invitations
- Save $50!
- $250plus tax for up to 15 guests for members
- Family members of the birthday child listed on the membership attend the party for free
- Private party space: $50
- Party favors: $5plus tax each
- Pizza and other food items available for purchase.
- Friday at 6 p.m.
- Saturday at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Sunday at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Yes. You will be charged for all children over one-year-old and adults that attend the party regardless of membership status. Children under one are free.
Do I have to pay for extra guests who don’t show up?
No. We only charge for the number of people that actually attend the party.
Can I bring in outside food or cake?
Minnesota Children’s Museum’s in-house café provides a variety of food options for purchase. There is no place to store outside food to keep them hot or cold, and we don’t allow food delivery or crock pots. If you would like to bring in light snacks and drinks you may do so.
Every party comes with a personalized cake. If you have additional questions or dietary needs, please notify the birthday party coordinator.
When can the party guests play in the museum?
Parties can play in the museum during regular hours. Parties are welcome to meet and play before their reserved time in the party room. However, party guests will not be admitted to the museum before the party host arrives.
Can I schedule a party outside of the available time listed?
Unfortunately, no. Due to museum hours and staff scheduling, party times are not flexible.
To make changes to your reservation, please call 651-225-6000.
What if I have to cancel my party?
If you cancel your party, you will be given the option to transfer your party to another date.
Your $100 deposit is non-refundable. If you cancel less than three days before the party, you will be responsible for the cost of any food ordered.
Day of Party Questions
Where do we check in?
Birthday party check-in happens on the 1st floor near the security desk. From the World Trade Center Parking ramp, take the skyway into the museum and follow the signs down the stairs or elevator.
What time should the party host arrive?
The party host should arrive at least 15 minutes before guests arrive or before the party is scheduled to begin to greet their guests as they arrive.
Where should my guests park?
Parking is available in the World Trade Center parking ramp located kitty-corner to the museum. The cost is $7.50 for the first three hours with validation from the museum and $1 for every additional half hour after. Enter the ramp from Wabasha Street and bring your parking ticket into the museum for validation to receive the discounted rate.
Can guests be dropped off or picked up?
Museum staff cannot receive or watch children. Guests may be dropped off or picked up at the street-level birthday party entrance in front of the museum on West 7th Street if they are greeted by an adult from your party.
Can I hire an outside entertainer like a clown or face painter?
Yes. However, if you hire outside entertainment, you’ll need to book the private space for your party. The entertainment may not perform in the public areas of the museum.